- Philosophy of The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research
- Who Can Submit?
- What Are The Submission Rules?
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University
Philosophy of The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research
For more information, please see The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Any undergraduate student at Kennesaw State University who has engaged in scholarly or creative work can submit to the The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research. Students from all disciplines are encouraged to submit their work. The work must be completed while the author is enrolled as an undergraduate student at Kennesaw State University and done under the mentorship of a KSU faculty member.
What Are The Submission Rules?
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). Please note: "publication" in a working-paper series does not constitute prior publication. In addition, by submitting material to the The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research. If you have concerns about the submission terms for the The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research, please contact the editors.
Manuscripts must be formatted according to the Formatting Requirements (see below).
The Editor will first review each manuscript, and manuscripts that pass this first round of review will then be reviewed by at least one undergraduate peer and one faculty member. Authors will receive one of three decisions: Accept, Revise and Resubmit, or Rejection.
- The receipt of an Accept means the manuscript has been accepted in its original form for publication in the The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research.
- The receipt of a Revise and Resubmit decision means that authors must revise their paper within a 2-3 week period according to suggestions by the reviewers. Authors who receive this decision must complete their revision within the indicated time span, and the revised manuscript will undergo a final review by the Editor before publication.
- The receipt of a Rejection means that the manuscript was not accepted for publication. The reviewers will communicate the reason for this decision.
The authors should use the recommended style of their discipline (preferably APA or MLA style). Prior to submitting a manuscript to KJUR, please be sure to check the paper for consistency with the research style guidelines.
The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research also has rules governing the formatting of your cover letter and manuscript submission. See the KJUR Style Guide for details. If you feel there is a conflict between styles, please feel free to contact the editors.
Although bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version of the article as a high-quality Microsoft Word .doc, .docx, or RTF file. Although articles will be converted to a PDF file for final publication, do not submit your file in PDF format, as it will not be reviewed.
Rights for Authors and DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal--use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University, requires credit to DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University as copyright holder (e.g., DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University © 2018).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University website and/or software agree not to misuse the DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University service or software in any way.
The failure of DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.