Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research (KJUR) Internship Opportunities
*Due to COVID-19, these internships will be conducted virtually until further notice.
Applicants for either internship should email their Resume and Cover Letter to Dr. Amy Buddie at . Additionally, someone interested in one of these internships may apply by searching for The Kennesaw Journal of Undergraduate Research at https://kennesaw.joinhandshake.com/.
Deadline for applications:
- For Summer internships, the deadline is March 15
- For Fall internships, the deadline is March 30
- For Spring internships, the deadline is October 30
The KJUR Editorial Internship will be supervised by the current editorial staff of KJUR. This position will be available to students in English, professional writing, and communication disciplines at KSU. Furthermore, the primary role of this internship will be to serve as a student editor of KJUR. The internship can be used as course credit (please specify this information in your email application).
- Reading submitted manuscripts
- Communicating with reviewers
- Recommending editorial decisions
- Participating in editorial meetings
- Working with student authors through the manuscript review process
- Student editors may also have an opportunity to participate in the journal production process, including copy editing and proofreading, as well as other editorial responsibilities
Marketing & Promotion Internship
The KJUR Marketing and Promotion Internship will be supervised by the current editorial staff of KJUR. This position will be available to students in English, professional writing, and communication, graphic and marketing disciplines at KSU. Student interns will have an opportunity to work on a wide range of projects related to marketing and promotion of the journal. This internship can be used as course credit (please specify this information in your email application).
- Solicitation of submissions to KJUR
- Promotion of recent issues of KJUR
- Coordination of special issues according to submission trends
- Coordination and promoting on social media accounts
- Creating promotional graphics for KJUR