Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) at Kennesaw State University
Student Learning Outcomes
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing, related sciences, and humanities in the implementation of advanced nursing roles and specialties to improve healthcare outcomes in all healthcare settings or systems.
- Integrate social, economic, organizational, ethical, legal, and cultural influences in planning, delivering, managing, and evaluating potential and actual healthcare problems of individuals, families, and diverse populations.
- Employ strategies for evidence-based practice in the leadership, education, or administration of healthcare settings or system.
- Apply collaborative, interprofessional communication skills to improve care delivery systems, safety, quality outcomes, and patient self-care, and to expedite coordination of services across all healthcare settings or systems.
- Employ informatics and healthcare technologies in the delivery, integration, and coordination of healthcare education, administration, or practice for individuals, for families, and diverse populations.
- Employ leadership and advocacy skills in the implementation of ethical and collaborative policies to improve quality and safety outcomes for individuals, families, and diverse populations in a variety of healthcare settings and systems.
- Participate in the creation and translation of research and evidence-based knowledge in all healthcare settings to improve care, quality, and safety for patients, families, and diverse populations, as well as for self and the healthcare team.
Final Projects from 2023
Decreasing the Risk for Type II Diabetes After Gestational Diabetes: An Integrative Review, Tara Call and Melissa Field
LVAD Therapy Versus Medical Management in Heart Failure: An Integrative Review, Megan Cherry and Sandi Coker
Dietary Analysis for Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: An Integrative Review, Evan Thompson and Alison Hultquist
Final Projects from 2022
Immersive Virtual Reality as an Effective Alternative to Traditional Clinical Nursing Education: An Integrative Review, Alisha Gelder and Myrtha Labastille-Normil
Final Projects from 2021
Nursing Management to Reduce Hospital Readmissions after Percutaneous Coronary Interventions- Integrative Review, Jeena S. Daniel and Doreen Wagner
Pain Assessment in the Emergency Department, Lynnette Huddle
Patients with COVID-19 and Prone Positioning: An Integrative Review, Catherine Jordan
Final Projects from 2020
THE RELATIONSHIP OF SPAN OF CONTROL TO NURSE MANAGER SATISFACTION, Jeffrey Batcher
Impact of Kangaroo Care on Caregivers in the NICU: An Integrative Review, Kaitlyn Sterling
Psychological Aspects of Adolescent Diabetes, Dawn Ziegler