The MSN in Leadership in Nursing Program's Nursing Administration and Transformational Leadership track prepares nurse leaders for a myriad of healthcare institutions and agencies, especially for roles that are expanding in scope and intensifying in complexity related to healthcare administration and nursing leadership. The program is available ON-LINE and takes only 15 months to complete! Please note: Students are required to come to campus once or twice a semester.
The Leadership in Nursing Program's Nursing Administration and Transformational Leadership track prepares nursing graduates for leadership and administrative positions in healthcare. The Master of Science in Nursing program is grounded in practice and guided by healthcare theory and research. The on-line/web enhanced track focuses on:
- Healthcare policy theory, issues, finance and operations
- Conflict management
- Global initiatives in healthcare
- Leadership strategies in development and implementation
- Transformational leadership skills, organization assessment, business ethics
- Climate analysis, communication, cultural competency and information management
- Ethical decision making
The MSN in Leadership in Nursing Program offers two distinct tracks:
- the MSN in Leadership in Nursing Program - Nursing Education Leadership in a Digital World Track (IMPORTANT NOTICE: After careful consideration, the decision has been made to suspend admissions to the MSN: Nursing Education Leadership in the Digital World track until Fall 2018.)
- the MSN in Leadership in Nursing Program - Nursing Administration and Transformational Leadership Track Both are advanced degree programs that build on the background of experienced registered nurses to prepare them to function in a variety of leadership roles in the emerging world of collaborative health care and nursing education.