The Ed.D. in Instructional Technology is fully online and designed for educators who currently hold or aspire to hold a technology leadership position at the school, district, or state level. The Ed.D. is intended to deepen and broaden the educational technology leadership knowledge and skills of candidates. The program is based on the ISTE Standards for Technology Directors and the CoSN Framework of Essential Skills for K-12 CTOs.
Today's educational technology leaders are known by many different titles such as Technology Director, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Chief Information Officer (CIO). No matter the title, educational technology leaders have dual leadership roles--both instructional and technical--and according to CoSN, these roles encompass a broad range of skills including:
- creating a vision for the role of technology;
- implementing strategic planning and policy development;
- having an understanding of teaching and learning, assessment, and professional development;
- managing technology and support resources; and
- possessing the political and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all stakeholders.
The Ed.D. in Instructional Technology will prepare you for these roles and challenge you to grow as an educational technology leader!Time to Submit Your Dissertation?
Dissertations from 2017
Dissertations from 2016
Dissertations from 2015
Administrators Using Technology to Increase Family Engagement, Ashley P. Beasley