Dean: Dr. Adrian Epps
Kennesaw State University (KSU) is the school of choice for those who aspire to become P-12 professional educators. Over the last three years, we have prepared more teachers than any university in the state of Georgia. Excellent faculty, staff, students, and alumni continue to contribute to the strong reputation of KSU’s Bagwell College of Education (BCOE).
At a Glance
- Leading preparer of teachers in the state of Georgia
- KSU’s first doctoral program was offered by the BCOE (Ed.D. in Leadership for Learning)
- KSU’s first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) was offered by the BCOE
- New $20.3 million building addition opens to students in spring, 2015
- Recipient of the Exemplary Professional Development School Achievement Award from the National Association of Professional Development Schools
- Recipient of the largest grant ever awarded to KSU, an $8.9 million Teacher Quality Partnership Grant that is preparing pre-service teachers to work in multicultural urban K-12 school settings
- First college in the state to offer a M.Ed. in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Member of the Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate (CPED)
When benefactors Leland and Clarice Bagwell, longtime educators and active Kennesaw State University friends, made a generous gift to the university, their respect for the field of teacher education was recognized and the college of education was named for them. Leland Bagwell - chemist, teacher, and entrepreneur - is remembered for his integrity as a teacher and as a respected business leader. Clarice Bagwell was a teacher and esteemed community leader who served as a trustee of the KSU Foundation.
Our college is relatively young, having been established initially as a division in 1978. Today, the BCOE offers 69 degrees at all levels, from Bachelor to the Education Doctorate. Our Ed.D. in Leadership for Learning was the first doctoral program offered at KSU. And in keeping with our affinity for firsts, during the spring 2014 semester, we offered KSU’s first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) in partnership with the KSU Distance Learning Center.
Browse the Bagwell College of Education Collections:
Bagwell College of Education Outstanding Dissertations
Department of Educational Leadership
Department of Elementary and Early Childhood Education
Department of Inclusive Education
Department of Secondary and Middle Grades Education