- Philosophy of Georgia Library Quarterly
- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors/Attribution and Usage PoliciesDigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University
- Guidelines for Submissions
- Editorial Board Contact and Advertising Contact
Philosophy of Georgia Library Quarterly
For more information, please see Georgia Library Quarterly Aims and Scope page.
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in Georgia Library Quarterly provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article.
General Submission Rules
By submitting material to Georgia Library Quarterly, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that he or she will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at Georgia Library Quarterly. If you have concerns about the submission terms for Georgia Library Quarterly, please contact the editors.
Georgia Library Quarterly requires APA style (without footnotes). Please do not include headers, footers, page numbers, heading styles, or collapsible sections. See Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for additional information.
Rights for Authors/Attribution and Usage Policies
The Georgia Library Quarterly is an open-access publication.
The Creative Commons Attribution License applies to all articles published in the Georgia Library Quarterly. Under this license the authors retain the copyright of their article, but allow others to reuse and copy the article provided the original authors and source are cited.
On submission to the Georgia Library Quarterly authors are asked to agree to the author warranty given below, and to the terms of the open-access license.
Guidelines for Submissions
Author Submission Information:
The accepted style guide for all articles is the APA format with in-text citations and a references section at the end. For information on APA Style, please see https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/and http://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/grammar-and-usage/
Papers may be submitted in Word 2003 or later. If graphics or charts are included, please embed within the document or upload as supplemental content. Photos and graphics should have a minimum resolution of 72 dpi, in JPEG, PNG, TIFF or EPS format. Upload submissions to digitalcommons.kennesaw.edu/glq. Brief registration required. Deadlines for news items are typically the first day of January, April, July, and October We accept article submissions at any time. Note that peer review articles may require more than one quarter to publish if accepted.
News articles may be up to 1,000 words in length and must be written in the third person (avoiding "I", "we", or "our").
Additional submission guidelines for peer reviewed articles, book reviews, Spotlights, and the My Own Private Library column are available on the Georgia Library Association website at: https://gla.georgialibraries.org/georgia-library-quarterly/
Ashley T. Hoffman, Editor, GLQ
By agreeing to this declaration you (the author) certify that:
- your contribution is your original work, has not been published before (in any language or medium) and is not being considered for publication elsewhere;
- that all authors concur with and are aware of the submission;
- that all workers involved in the study are listed as authors or given proper credit in the acknowledgements;
- that you have obtained permission for and acknowledged the source of any excerpts from other copyright works;
- and that to the best of your knowledge your paper contains no statements which are libelous, unlawful or in any way actionable. All coauthors have made significant scientific contributions to the work reported, including the ideas and their execution, and share responsibility and accountability for the results.
Open-Access License Agreement
Brief summary of the agreement
You (the user) are free:
- to copy, distribute, display and perform the work
- to make derivative works under the follow conditions:
- Attribution. You must give the original author credit.
- For any reuse or distribution, it must be made clear to others what the license terms of this work are.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- The author's moral rights are in no way affected by the above.
The full open-access agreement is identical to the Creative Commons Attribution Licence. Click here to download the full version of the license.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University website and/or software agree not to misuse the DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University service or software in any way.
The failure of DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between DigitalCommons@Kennesaw State University and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.