The Symposium of Student Scholars is an event to showcase student scholarship conducted at KSU during the past academic year. In previous years, we have had a great deal of disciplinary diversity in projects presented, including readings of new works from authors, performances of new compositions from musicians, explanations of curricular innovations from educators, innovative business models from entrepreneurs, urban landscape analyses from geographers, and a wide variety of scientific research papers.
The Symposium of Student Scholars showcases research conducted by ALL KSU students, not solely undergraduates. KSU graduate students are encouraged to present the results of their research projects. Their work will be designated as "Graduate" in the program.
**We encourage ALL KSU students engaging in research/creative activity during the last academic year to submit their projects to the Symposium of Student Scholars. Even if you are unable to physically present your work at the Symposium, your project and the names of all authors and co-authors will be recognized in the program.
Past programs for the Symposium of Student Scholars can be found here.
Past presentations from the Symposium of Student Scholars can be found here.
Photos from previous Symposiums:
There are prizes for the top posters and presentations; the judging rubrics can be found here:
- Poster Judging Rubric
- Presentation Judging Rubric
- A separate form should be used for each individual project.
- All projects submitted will be recognized in the program. Those students choosing to present at the Symposium will have their abstracts published in the program.
- We encourage ALL graduate and undergraduate students engaging in research/creative activity during the past year to present their work at the Symposium, showcasing all of the great projects at KSU.
- Because the event is virtual, we encourage all presentations to be oral presentations (15 minutes). You can show videos, but posters are discouraged (it's hard to view them in a virtual environment).
- Please complete this form even if you are unable to attend the event. We would like this program to be a comprehensive list of all student research and creative activity conducted at KSU during the past year.
Fall 2020 Call for Proposals
Deadline for Submissions: Sunday, November 8th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
The Fall 2020 Symposium of Student Scholars will be held virtually on December 3, 2020 via Microsoft Teams. Anyone, whether a KSU community member or not, can join a presentation by clicking on the access link located in the program. Follow the prompts to open Microsoft Teams in the browser (Chrome works best) and join as a guest. If your device does not support Chrome, you can download the Microsoft Teams app when you click on the presentation access link and follow the prompts to join as a guest.
*Note: You will need to write an abstract for your submission if you are presenting at the Symposium of Student Scholars. For examples of past abstracts, check out past programs.