Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines for Georgia Library Quarterly
- Write your article in English.
- Use the Chicago Manual of Style as the style guide for the submission. We require author/date format with a reference section at the end rather than footnotes.
- Submit an approximately 100-word abstract with the article.
- Submit your manuscript text, including appendices, as a single file. (Word or PDF files are accepted).
- Page size should be 8.5 x 11-inches, with 1-inch margins.
- Please indicate whether or not the article is to be peer reviewed.
Because this journal publishes electronically, page limits are not as relevant as they are in the world of print publications. We are happy, therefore, to let authors take advantage of this greater "bandwidth" to include material that they might otherwise have to cut to get into a print journal. This said, authors should exercise some discretion with respect to length. Peer reviewed articles are expected to meet a more stringent standard length.
It is the author's obligation to provide complete references with the necessary information. The Georgia Library Quarterly accepts papers edited according to Chicago Manual of Style only. Please use author/date at the point of the citation and place all citations as references at the end, rather than as footnotes.
Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University have consolidated to become Georgia Regents University. Effective January 9, 2013, my email address has changed to email@example.com. Please update your address book to reflect this change.