Human Service Program Coordinator: Judith Slater
VisionThe Department prepares engaged, innovative professionals and global citizens who are educated to enrich the lives of individuals and families for the purpose of enhancing the quality of communities.
MissionThe Department educates culturally competent professionals to develop and deliver high quality human services, locally, regionally and globally, to improve the quality of life of those they serve.
- One Graduate Program—Social Work
- One Undergraduate Program—Human Services
- Two Certificates—Child Advocacy; Nonprofit Leadership
- Faculty members from different disciplines and diverse experiences teach in our programs.
- Faculty members offer individual mentoring to students.
- Faculty members engage students in the classrooms and with the community.
- Faculty members conduct research on diverse topics—homelessness, global education, trauma, grief, empathy, diversity in nonprofit organizations, mental health, child advocacy and social innovation—that they incorporate into their teaching.
- Students have several “study abroad” opportunities within the department and at KSU.