- Upon completion of this chapter, readers will be able to:
- Recognize the standard components of a front cover, back cover, and title page.
- Recognize the common front matter of a book including edition notices, disclaimers, trademarks, warranties, safety notices, and communication statements.
- Recognize the common organization strategies of books including tables of contents, tables of figures, a preface, and body chapters.
- Explain and apply typical book layout and design.
McMurrey, David, "04.02: Book Design" (2019). Open Technical Communication. 18.