- Upon completion of this chapter, readers will be able to do the following:
- Explain the importance of effective report design.
- Explain the purpose of a letter of transmittal.
- Define when covers and labels are appropriate for reports.
- Explain the purposes of and write a descriptive abstract and executive summary for a report.
- Apply design principles of tables of contents and figures.
- Apply basic design considerations on the body of a report.
- Define the appropriateness of a conclusion, appendix, and information sources.
McMurrey, David and Arnett, Jonathan, "04.01: Report Design" (2019). Open Technical Communication. 17.