- Upon completion of this chapter, readers will be able to do the following:
- Define ethics.
- Analyze a situation with regard to utility, right, justice, and care.
- Explain the importance of ethical behavior.
- Explain copyright law, why it is important, and how to make ethical decisions regarding it.
- Explain how to ethically analyze data.
- Explain how biases can lead to unethical decisions/behavior in technical communication.
Powell, Tamara, "03: Ethics" (2019). Open Technical Communication. 16.