Interim Director: Dr. Susan Dyess
The Mission of the School of Nursing is in accordance with the missions of the College of Health and Human Services and the University. The commitment delineated in the School's mission statement is threefold:
- To create and sustain exemplary undergraduate and graduate nursing programs that promote academic excellence
- To serve as leaders and as a community resource in the provision of services to consumers and agencies in collaboration with other disciplines
- To participate in research and other scholarly pursuits
This commitment seeks to promote an environment that is consistent with quality teaching, significant service, and meaningful scholarship programs.
The School of Nursing at Kennesaw State University functions to:
- Provide programs of high quality in undergraduate and graduate nursing education.
- Support an environment conducive to personal and professional growth, scholarship, and creative activity.
- Demonstrate leadership in providing service and professional practice within the university and the community.
The WellStar School of Nursing has a fast-track history in 45 years of moving from an associate degree nursing program in a rural setting north of Atlanta to a university-based program offering advanced degrees in the fast-growing northwest corridor of Atlanta along I-75. Our students come from all corners of Georgia as well as other states and countries and our graduates are employed primarily by the world-class medical facilities of Atlanta, the medically underserved regions of the southeast, and the United States military.
Our exceptional faculty provides leadership in the profession through their innovative teaching and scholarship. Our caring staff members are committed to providing guidance and advisement through the academic process. Our students enter with the faculty’s high expectations and work hard to achieve the outcomes we set for them. We are fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Education for Nursing.
In Fall of 2009 we admitted the first class of doctoral students into our research-focused Doctor of Nursing Science (DNS) Program. In addition, our nurse practitioner track in the Master of Science in Nursing program is one of the oldest in Georgia. Join us as we endeavor to provide state-of-the art nursing education to meet local, national, and global healthcare needs.
Browse the Wellstar School of Nursing Collections:
Doctorate of Nursing Science Dissertations
MSN in Leadership in Nursing Final Projects