Kennesaw State University's Construction Management Department began offering the Master of Science in Construction Management degree in 1995. The program is accredited by the American Council of Construction Education (ACCE).
Long Term Goals (LG)
- Continue to improve curriculum to reflect global and national construction industry needs.
- Improve managerial/business skills of students to take leadership roles.
- Enhance and sustain the department.
Short Term Goals (SG)
- Prepare students for successful construction industry career.
- Meet accreditation agency requirements for curriculum.
- Encourage students to take business fundamentals courses.
- Increase financial support for the department.
- Increase the number of faculty achieving tenure and promotion with the college and departments.
- Increase visibility and awareness of the CM department.
Graduate Program Objectives:
- PO1: Prepare bids and estimates for construction projects
- PO2: Prepare construction schedule and manage project risks.
- PO3: Carry-out project management related tasks.
- PO4: Conduct research and disseminate findings through publications.
- PO5: Pursue advanced degrees
- PO6: Maintain MS program ACCE accreditation
- PO7: Increase visibility and awareness of the CM Department
Graduate Student Learning Outcomes:
- SLO 1 - Critical thinking and creativity
- SLO 2 - Problem solving and decision making
- SLO 3 - Effective and Professional oral and written communication
- SLO 4 - Use of information and communication technology
- SLO 5 - Principles of leadership in business and management
- SLO 6 - Current issues in construction
- SLO 7 - Complex project decision making and associated risk management
- SLO 8 - Professional ethics including application to situations and choices
- SLO 9 - Advanced construction management practices
- SLO 10 - Research methods
This collection was started with the graduates of the Fall 2015 semester, after the consolidation between Kennesaw State University and Southern Polytechnic State University was final (July 2015).Time to Submit Your Thesis?