Managing Internationally: Succeeding in a Culturally Diverse World
Management and Entrepreneurship
"Managing Internationally provides a broad yet original treatment of global business environment and managing globally. The book addresses the most common aspects of operating internationally and introduces subjects that are often neglected by management scholars. Powerful insights and perspectives are provided for understanding the dynamics and complexity of managing business across the globe.“ --Abbas J. Ali, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
“A well-written text that highlights the tenets of international management in their cultural realities. Current, focused, and grounded in the importance of understanding the diverse business and management practices...to be successful in today’s global environment.” --Jim Giermanski, Belmont Abbey College and Powers International Inc.
- Provides a better understanding of existing international management knowledge: The book traces this knowledge back to its origins to reinforce the scope and importance of international business and international management.
- Offers a cross-cultural perspective within a functional framework: The author underlines the effectiveness of different concepts for various functions of management when applied in diverse environments.
- Presents cutting edge topics: Concepts and ideas unique to this book include an entire chapter devoted to information systems, a chapter on legal issues, and a unique perspective on control in international business transactions.
- Includes engaging vignettes: Each chapter begins with an interesting and often amusing short story related to the content.
- Provides ample visual aids: Charts, graphs, tables, and boxed material cover specific issues that can be used as a starting point for discussion of chapter material.
Fatehi, Kamal. Managing Internationally: Succeeding in a Culturally Diverse World. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications, Inc., 2007. Print.