Inside Out: Strategies for Teaching Writing
In this highly practical guide filled with a wealth of activities for the classroom, Dawn and Darren continue the long-standing tradition of earlier editions of Inside Out with guidance for building a community of writers, providing innovative and effective strategies for meeting kids where they are and coaching them to write with passion and purpose across all genres. Readers will relish the somewhat irreverent tone that fans of earlier editions have come to expect. Dawn and Darren's updates and revisions in this edition speak directly to today's teacher, offering:
- new strategies and suggestions that incorporate technology in meaningful ways and speak to today's tech natives in terms they understand
- guidance for working with English language learners and their writing
- inventive, reality-based approaches to research
- options for using nonfiction and nontraditional texts in your teaching
- a fresh take on the importance of authentic literacy education, especially in the age of the high-stakes testing and the Common Core
- real-world wisdom and strategies for teaching writing from a team of middle and high school teachers.
From theory to practice, this comprehensive text has everything you'll need to engage your students and get them writing from the inside out.