Geography and Anthropology
Troup Factory, the first cotton mill in Troup County, and the second such plant in Georgia, was established in 1846 on Flat Shoal's Creek. The mill was in operation throughout the latter half of the 19th century before being relocated to the city of LaGrange. Troup Factory sheetings and homespun were standards of excellence across a widespread area of Georgia. The purpose of this paper is to document the history of the mill site through archival research and archaeological survey. Through these means a better understanding of a once prestigious mill site was obtained in order to illuminate an important period of Georgia history.
Georgia Journal of Science
Moats, L. R., Hansen, G. J., Severts, P., & Powis, T. G. (2010). Troup factory: Archaeological investigations of a nineteenth century mill site in lagrange, georgia. Georgia Journal of Science, 68(2), 104-118. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/865339230?accountid=11824