Dean: Dr. Ian Ferguson
Welcome to the Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology. Our programs combine hands-on experience with a thorough grounding in the underlying theory, thereby enabling our students to apply engineering techniques to solve today’s real-world problems and face tomorrow’s challenges. In addition, we conduct research in many areas of engineering, including engineering education. All of us, faculty and staff, are committed to student success.
The mission of the Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology is to provide educational opportunities for engineering students and graduates so that they may gain the requisite knowledge needed to serve and improve an ever-changing society as a member of the engineering profession.
- Second-largest engineering college in Georgia
- State-of-the-art LEED-certified Engineering Technology Center with fluid mechanics, metrology, electromagnetic, automotive, biomedical and computer-integrated manufacturing laboratories
- Academic degree programs in mechatronics (one of only nine such academic degree programs in the nation) and systems engineering (one of only two undergraduate programs in the state
- Courses taught by industry-expert faculty
- Student engineering teams rank among the nation’s engineering elite at national competitions
- Member of the Georgia Consortium of Engineering Schools