Department Chair: Dr. Thomas R. Currin, PE
Welcome to the Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology. Our programs combine hands-on experience with a thorough grounding in the underlying theory, thereby enabling our students to apply engineering techniques to solve today’s real-world problems and face tomorrow’s challenges. In addition, we conduct research in many areas of engineering, including engineering education. All of us, faculty and staff, are committed to student success.
The Southern Polytechnic College of Engineering and Engineering Technology at Kennesaw State University produces graduates ready to find solutions to today's real-world problems and tomorrow's challenges.
- Second-largest engineering college in Georgia
- State-of-the-art LEED-certified Engineering Technology Center with fluid mechanics, metrology, electromagnetic, automotive, biomedical and computer-integrated manufacturing laboratories
- Academic degree programs in mechatronics (one of only nine such academic degree programs in the nation) and systems engineering (one of only two undergraduate programs in the state
- Courses taught by industry-expert faculty
- Student engineering teams rank among the nation’s engineering elite at national competitions
- Member of the Georgia Consortium of Engineering Schools