Department Chair: Dr. Barbara Gainey
The Department of Communication has developed and will continue to adapt a curriculum that prepares students for entry into the highly competitive, ever-changing communication professions. At the same time, the department remains vigilant of its obligation to create conscientious and committed professionals and citizens.
The department emphasizes the study of applied, theoretical and aesthetic dimensions of the communication process in culturally diverse settings, even as it supports the Institutional Mission of Kennesaw State University and the College of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- It has established these primary goals as part of its mission:
- To promote the skills and knowledge students will need for lifelong learning and to gain admissions to the communication profession
- To foster knowledge of systematic methods of inquiry and critical thinking
- To provide guidance about careers in communication and the advisability of lifelong learning
- To create and maintain a learning environment that fosters a partnership between student and faculty where a free and open exchange of ideas is encouraged and rewarded
- To create an environment that supports the aspirations of faculty and staff by providing the time and resources to pursue scholarship, services and excellence in teaching